Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Debuggers and such...

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:30:32 +0000

In my opinion ddd is to ollydb what a honda civic is to an audi s4. Part of gdb's problem is ptrace() itself. I believe the bastard's team is hooking the linux kernel to get around this, but it has been a long time since I've looked at the project.

Just for starters - what memory pages are owned by what shared libraries, and I want to search through all of those pages for ffe4. This is an easy thing with olly, and impossible with ddd.

Every unix hacker, including myself, who's used olly has wished they had it on linux.

-dave