Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Another anonymized posting.

From: ned <nd () felinemenace org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:46:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Dave Aitel wrote:

anonymized posting please:

On Jun 9, 2004, at 17:04, anonymized clown wrote:

 >> Hi list!

Hi Clown!

Nice rant.

Look, I don't give a shit how or how or why CVS bugs are found.  I
don't even give
a shit if the bugs found are the low hanging fruit or the most complex
quadruple redirected heap overflow with self optimizing eggs.

What I do give a shit about is that these bugs are made public and
squashed ASAP.

Think about it.  Every CVS 0day is an opportunity for a miniscule
subset of the earth's population to own projects' source trees.  Owning
a source tree can only lead to
serious badness.

BTW, the way things are going, I'd consider switching to svn.

i think the svn team is a little late, as there should be an advisory due
out really soon detailing a heap overflow in svnserve.

i know how people like OllyDbg screens:
http://felinemenace.org/~nd/SMUDGE/svn1/svn2.png

I'd consider writing your own in python, if anything.

--
http://felinemenace.org/~nd