Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: McAffee bought Foundstone!

From: chad schieken <cschieken () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:54:51 -0700 (PDT)

  Or, if
McAfee was
so hot and bothered to have a P/S arm why didn't
they just start
pimping some of their spook wizards within the
ex-TIS facility
in Maryland out to the commercial world,

I'd bet the straight P/S arm of Foundstone was the
least valuable corporate asset (nothing against the
folks, they are all pretty much smarter than me). Just
keep in mind that software and "managed" services are
a "work once, sell many" type business, P/S is as
labor intensive as it gets. (right Dave?)

Unless the org is serious about how it assimalates new
cultures, now is a good time to start recruiting from
Foundstone. I'll bet most of the employees are pretty
pissed, meanwhile they can prolly get 10%-30% raises
out of this by jumping ship.

Later...
chad