Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: WinZip

From: kquest () toplayer com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:44:42 -0400

Endusers that open an odd .zip usually tend to execute the
.exe that comes with it too

I totally agree with that. However, there are some end users
who don't run executables from the zip files (or any other
files from the same zip). Some people simply look at the
content of zip and then delete the entire message. That's
when these new bugs in WinZip make a difference. I do peak
into the zips because it's my job to deal with stuff like
that.

And then what about cases when the email came from one
of your friends and it happens to look normal?

I don't think it is the same thing as an executable in a zip
file. It's definitely more dengerious.

Have fun,
Kyle