Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: RE: Network Exploitation Tools aka Exploitation Engines

From: Ben Hawkes <ben.hawkes () paradise net nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 17:07:53 +1200

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 08:21:29PM -0400, Dave Aitel wrote:
2. Immunity's open-source support is unwavering and absolute. We are
completely against software patents, whereas CORE's founders all are
signatures on one (covering a broad range of crap). Software patents are
bad for the industry, and Immunity stands steadfast against them. The
same cannot be said for our competitors. Like Bdog says, "Vote with your
money."

I was interested in what kind of things security companies were
patenting these days, so I looked up all of CORE's patents. For those
interested:

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=core&FIELD1=AS&co1=AND&TERM2=SDI&FIELD2=AS&d=PG01

or

http://tinyurl.com/3ql5d