Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: "So now we have two large organizations using what I like to call a 'two time pad'"

From: Jake <immunity () 10k org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:25:58 -0400 (EDT)

Slight correction: The finished SABRE BinDiff was presented (which is
available through mighty software houses such as Immunity and Blackhat),
and the unfinished SABRE BinNavi (which is not yet available, but this
might change in a few months). If anyone is interested in the details of
how the BinDiff works, I published a paper in the DIMVA Conference
Procedings (LNI), which is available at
 http://www.sabre-security.com/files/dimva_paper2.pdf.

Bob Morris Sr. seemed to like the concept, and it is hard to describe
how proud I am about that :-)

BinDiff is an amazing piece of software. I was thoroughly impressed by the
demo shown at the conference. It ingenuiously applies graph theory and
visualization to facilitate the overwhelming process of large-scale binary
analysis. A must arsenal for those who intent to take on any type of
medium to large size reverse engineering projects(makes me wonder how we
ever lived without it). Definitely check out the paper. jake