Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Getting Old.

From: rick_list <rick_list () darwinsweb net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:30:09 -0400

Dave Aitel wrote:

Getting old sucks. It used to be that I'd work sixteen hours a day, and still have something left over. But the cool thing about it is that you have resources - friends, contacts, money, skills, that could couldn't apply to problems when you were 23. If you're not getting your rush from climbing rocks and stuff, maybe you can get it from closing deals your opponents can't close.

Is it getting old or lazy? Or is it losing interest or re-evaluating priorities?

I found this remote on an AIX program today. If it was Solaris, Linux, or Windows, or was 23 I'd have remote by tonight. Oh well. I'm writing a funny paper instead.

If I were you, I'd be playing with the AIX remote and ditching the paper. You can concentrate on making the paper funny later. Unless you plan on playing with the AIX remote tomorrow...