Dailydave mailing list archives

yay! Free VSC from Microsoft!

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:27:54 -0500

http://entmag.com/news/article.asp?editorialsid=6437
Microsoft officials said on Thursday that the controversial early notification program on security bulletins that has been available to certain customers for a year will be open to everyone starting immediately.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/default.mspx

I do love how the first link is "Want less technical detail?" :>

This month the advanced warning is this:
One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server. The greatest maximum severity rating for this security update is Important. This security update may require a restart.

Like most people, I just want to know if any of my bugs are going to die. They didn't even release an advisory about wins. I actually like their policy of only releasing about things people already know. It's silly in a lot of ways, but the most important way is that no one patches if they don't get beat over the head with the advisory. :>

-dave