Dailydave mailing list archives

Interesting article about the CIA

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:47:12 -0500

There's 2 CIA articles that are 2 of the top 5 of the most viewed articles on washingtonpost.com under "Nation".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A48254-2004Nov13.html?sub=AR
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46580-2004Nov12.html

Bugmenot:
no () nonya com
belowme

None of the articles are as good as the one in the Times today by Douglas Jehl, although both are similar. I have to assume the Post and the Times' reporters have the same contacts inside the Agency. I think Jehl is closer to the sources however, based on his article.

http://www.worldsecuritynetwork.com/_dsp/dsp_authorBio3.cfm?authID=40

Here is the article from today: (cypherp, cypherp)

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/14/politics/14cia.html?oref=login

This article is both interesting for its subject and for its management perspectives and notes on how to change a large organization, or how not to, as the case may be. Government by "mandate" clearly isn't working in this case, and I can't imagine someone confidently facing the CIA's upper echelon with politicking. I have a feeling Goss is learning new meaning for the term "topping from the bottom."

My analysis says that Mr. Knappes or one of his close friends/aides is actually one of the sources. Who else would know about his personal pictures being taken down?

Dave Aitel
Immunity, Inc.