Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ADTI

From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser () seifried org>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 01:29:33 -0700

The beauty of OpenSource is we have this ridiculous'y public "audit" if you will of what happened, linux-0.0.1.tar.gz, can still be found online at many locations and downloaded. It's about 10,000 lines of code in all. Can someone realistically churn out 10,000 lines of code to get a _basic_ working kernel and "system" (I use the term loosely since it was a far from completely functional system) in 6 months? I'm inclined to believe yes.

What I wonder is if Linus didn't write it who did? And if he'd stolen the code, I suspect someone would have stepped forwards by now to say so, but this has not happened. I'm inclined to believe the popular version of the truth until I see evidence to the contrary, which in all this time hasn't ever come out as far as I know.

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes/straw man arguments to me.

Kurt Seifried, kurt () seifried org
A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574
http://seifried.org/security/