Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Passport, Magazines of Failure.

From: pete <lists () isecom org>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:05:29 +0100

Since I wasn't sure, I researched it and appears possible. In the end, I asked them- this is from Zak Greant of Sxip:

---------------------------------
The client software (Membersite and Homesite software) that Sxip has built is licensed under an Open Source license (to be more precise, the Apache 1.1 license with s/Apache Software Foundation/Sxip Networks/)

The Rootsite is proprietary, and AFAIK there are no plans to release it under an Open Source license.

While creating a new Rootsite from the SXIP specs could be done easily enough, what would the benefit be of having multiple SXIP networks?

The disadvantages seem to be roughly equivalent to the disadvantages of having more than one DNS system, combined with issues related to the amount of trust to place in each different Network.

-pete.

Florian Weimer wrote:
Have you seen SXIP? https://sxip.org/

How open is it?  Can I build my own, isolated SXIP cloud?

It's not clear to me if they just release the "client side" (the glue
code for homesites and membersites) under a permissive license, or the
"server side" (the rootsite implementation).