Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: New presentation is up: 0days: How hacking reallyworks

From: Kevin Ponds <kponds () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:03:36 -0600

So why aren't we marketing network appliances which automate this?

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:35:00 -0500, Ron Gula <rgula () tenablesecurity com> wrote:
Yeah, but lots of folks are used to paying large sums of money
for this so they are "compliant". Even if I can sprinkle the IBM
magic pixie dust on all my systems so they are patched 100% 24x7,
I still need to prove this to the auditors who are in my hair.

If things get *that* good from a patch level, we'll probably start
to focus more on network change as in - gee, your web server does
not have any known vulnerabilities, but what business function
does it really serve?

Ron Gula