Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Call For Papers : HITB Security Conference Bahrain 2005

From: mel <mel () hackinthebox org>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 13:09:31 +0800

H D Moore wrote:
Just a warning for those who plan on submitting papers; HITB has yet to reimburse travel expenses for the *2003* conference.
-HD

Hi all,

First of all, on behalf of the HITB team, I would like to apologize
for delaying payments for some of the speakers in 2003. I don't need
to explain why, except that for the past two years, HITBSecConf have
been a community and volunteer effort.

For 2003's reimbursements, we could not pay everyone on time because
we made losses. Currently, most of the speakers for 2003 has been reimbursed except for a few. This is due to the fact that we are still chasing payments from our sponsors for last year's event. This will enable us to settle our debts since 2003, and cover last year's
events as well.

As the Bahrain event is organized as a commercial effort, we will make sure that every speaker will be reimbursed. Once again we apologize for the delay in getting reimbursements made, but trust that the remaining speakers from 2003 WILL be paid.

--mel
http://conference.hackinthebox.org/