Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Follow on from Music to Hack To

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 23:08:51 -0400

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 12:50:56AM +0100, Steve Lord wrote:
What do you listen/watch things on and what's good/bad about it?

I use a set of Etymotic Research ER6 earbuds.

    34-36 dB noise isolation

At least according to Etymotic Research, their earbuds have the highest
noise isolation of all earphones, regardless of the type of earphone.
Seeing as how I can't hear a damn thing in the cube farm with these
things in, with or without music, I know I love this feature.

The ER6 is a little on the expensive side for earbuds, but the quality
of the sound, in addition to the noise isolation makes these little guys
WELL worth it.

A friend went deaf due to work on noise cancellation research he was
doing for an unnamed internationally known speaker manufacturer.
As such, I'll never use noise cancellation headphones.

--
Beware of the Lollipop of mediocrity.  Lick it once, and you'll suck
forever.