Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Insecure or Unsecure

From: "nakona () alltel net" <nakona () alltel net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 07:54:22 -0400

Oh my God!
I finally have something to contribute to this list!
I'm a network guy, not a Coder and normally y'all talk way over my head.
I only read the list so I can have "A Clue", but I can actually speak to
this insecure/unsecure thing; because I come from a military background;
where both words are commonly used and mean different things.

Forgetting about the 'insecure' feeling a pretty girl can give you...

In the military, "Insecure" refers to communications and "Unsecure" refers
to physical security.

e.g;

"Don't use that radio to call HQ. It's INsecure."

"If you don't keep at least one person awake at all times while on long
patrols, then your perimeter will be UNsecure."

So the answer to the question would be that the proper word to use is
INsecure. Unless you leave your laptop on the table when you go to the
bathroom; which would be UNsecure.

http://mail2web.com/ .