Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: WMF and the Windows Vulnerability Drought :>

From: "nahual () g-con org" <nahual () g-con org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 20:23:14 -0500

Would have to disagree I worked for kaspersky antivirus research lab so at
least on AV i have my 2 cents to say (needles to say that i worked on the
first steganographic virus on research for g-con 1) ...

And I don’t think having a executable file with CAPS executed a decent
stuff! (real bug on a mayor antivirus less than 6 months ago)

And yet well I would point you to my DIDSE presentation on defcon 9 on IDS
evasion so I guess (not that much) that I do have a point to make in here,
which is, flaming on the corporate side will happen and at least AV engines
will never make a good point on catching but the obvious and needles to say
they will of course get pissed if they have to do more work! since their
update packages will have to be bigger, and that also applies on IDS of
course, and having heuristics on IDS would take a lot of time ... would be
nice ...

Presumably is the way I talk, my 2 cents, don’t like it there is a filter
button somewhere in your client of course! Now retract from the chair take
a chill pill and relax.

//Nahual