Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: We have met the enemy, and the enemy is ... you.

From: pageexec () freemail hu
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:46:50 +0200

On 12 Apr 2006 at 19:11, Mehta, Neel (ISS Atlanta) wrote:
This is about typical and probably no surprise to anyone who has looked
at similar products. You'll find that every HIPS-only system is going to
be vulnerable to similar if not identical evasions. I won't completely
ruin the surprise, but the core of one of the weaknesses in their
product is based around a lack of proper segmentation. I'm not entirely
convinced it can be fixed without ruining performance.

reading between the lines this tells me that they haven't
solved the multi-threaded issue. what i'd like to know if
this applies to single threaded apps as well or not (if it's
not too much of a trade secret ;-).