Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Question of the day: iTunes + Watermarking?

From: "Anton Chuvakin" <anton () chuvakin org>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:11:50 -0700

I followed the exact same procedure, on my PowerBook and a co-
worker's Mac Mini, and received identical results.  I don't know why
the resulting hash is different from yours.  Each computer downloaded

So, what does this prove: watermarking or decompressing of the lossy
compression? I am not entirely sure why decompressing something which
was produced with lossy compression would decompress differently
thought... I would assume that if Ryan repeats his steps again he
would get the samew md5....

--
Anton Chuvakin, Ph.D., GCIA, GCIH, GCFA
     http://www.chuvakin.org