Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: A dumb question

From: "Twenty SF" <twentysf () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 09:38:33 -0400

It could be any number of ways, but if it's a targeted attack they may
have just pulled the info from WHOIS (I'm assuming your account name
is "rtfraily" from your web server and then did an ARIN lookup (or
possibly just scanned other IP's around the same range as your web
server).

The server also might have an account enumeration vulnerability, it
really could be many things.