Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: IPv6, CANVAS, The Love.

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:41:08 -0500

I'm a big fan of fuzzers, but fuzzers and attack frameworks are two
different things.

I'm sure Codenomicon/PROTOS, MU, Breakingpoint, ProtoVer, SPIKE2K6 and
various other fuzzers all support IPv6 or protocols that run over
IPv6, but once they find a vulnerability, you would then plug that
into CANVAS or another attack framework to target someone's machine.
So two sides of the same coin, as it were. Apples and Orangutans. NP
Complete and O(1). And so on.

I'm sure you're just feigning confusion here, but I wanted to make
sure you didn't induce real confusion in anyone reading this list. .
.which is unlikely except after yesterday's press coverage there's
1000 new people subscribed who might be CNN-type readers. They'll all
unsubscribe when they realize this list is mostly about breaking into
computers the hard way - where EIP is involved.

Being first is silly anyways. Everyone's first at something. The Zune
is the top seller in the category of 30gig mp3 players that are also
brown, but it sold like 5 units and the Microsoft guy in charge of
that marketing had to leave for "personal reasons".

There's no one best fuzzer; that's the beauty of the beast.

- -dave

Ari Takanen wrote:
Hello all,

On Fri, Feb 02, 2007 at 07:44:33AM -0500,