Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Is Windows Integrity Control in Vista really worth the performance hit? And does it really work?

From: "Rodrigo Rubira Branco (BSDaemon)" <rodrigo () kernelhacking com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:01:17 -0000

Steve,

When you have "security professionals" writting the default behavior you
don't have the specific needs and the custom applications involved, and then
the problem of turn everything ok begin...

In the pratice, many people (mostly?) just disable selinux in the
installation process...

Like you have said, both have bad points (attack vectors...) but I think
complexity != security, so, im in favour of the auto-learning systems..

cya,

Rodrigo (BSDaemon).

--
http://www.kernelhacking.com/rodrigo

Kernel Hacking: If i really know, i can hack

GPG KeyID: 5E90CA19