Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Ferret

From: "J.M. Seitz" <lists () bughunter ca>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 07:51:31 -0800

Ummmm....generally IMHO if someone says "hey this is proof-of-concept and
probably has bugs and we acknowledge that" why would you send a posting that
mirrors the same comment? I can honestly say that I have written PoC myself
that was exploitable, but that's not the point of doing a PoC it's to get it
out there and to put your money where your mouth is. Especially if you are
going to put a psuedo-disclaimer saying that it will most likely have
problems, do you need anything else?

Would you like a pat on the back for finding that? Why not rewrite the tool
in Java for us all so we can feel warm and fuzzy inside when we go beddy-bye
tonight.

JS