Dailydave mailing list archives

tool alpha : MutantMon ?

From: "Arun Koshy" <arunkoshy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:53:06 +1000

Hello,

since about Jan this year, a friend and I have been coding a small
tool for some unknown purpose. It's a mutation / extension of variety
of file access monitoring tools produced by sysinternals ( diskmon /
filemon ? ) and the similar samples in the WDK ( erstwhile DDK ).

The mutation a few interesting things like watching for patterns /
regexp etc ..

I am looking people with a backgrounds in testing / coding filter
drivers and generally comfortable with analyzing malcode / breaking
things / applied math .. cross-lurkers/contributors to osronline /
rootkit.com etc are welcome.

A short "About You" along with a private response to this post would
be appreciated .. based on which .. you will be added to the list of
cool folks who will get the tool by the end of May.

Of course, If you are so elite that you don't need an "About You",
thats okay too. The proviso is that eliteness would be decided by us.

Have'nt thought of a name .. so names can be suggested to .. for the
meanwhile .. we can call it say MutantMon ? ;-).

Thanks.