Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Completely unhackable Airbus's and stuff...

From: "Rhys Kidd" <rhyskidd () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:48:41 +0800

Sounds very much like a system that uses in-band rekeying. Bit like WPA
really. I had a poke around the EADS site to get more information on the
cryptographic algorithm it employs, but seeing as their sales manager
doesn't promote any "mathematical" advantages of it, I'd say it's most
likely already known to the public/or adapted from GCHQ.

It pains me to see the term "hacker-proof" once again means merely "the
architecture is assuredly well designed", rather than additionally including
"the particular implementation and code is assuredly well designed".

Yes, EADS may have done PKI right, but did they do strcpy()/memcpy() right?

-Rhys