Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: just got back from obama event

From: "endrazine useless" <endrazine () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:12:10 +0200

Hi Dave,

On 8/26/07, Dave Aitel <dave.aitel () gmail com> wrote:

For those who haven't seen it, a binary->Python translator is a cool thing
to have.
http://forum.immunityinc.com/index.php?topic=33.0

Quoting you on 08/08 :

If I had a quarter for every time someone said to me they were going
to reverse a binary into an intermediate language and do slicing on it
to find all the bugs, I'd ... well, I'd be able to buy some ice cream
at least.

Quoting http://forum.immunityinc.com/index.php?topic=33.0 :

We're working on a script that get a binary file and return a
pythonized version, not actually a decompiled version, but one that can
help you to find bugs automagically.

hrm, I must be missing something... </troll>

Cheers,

endrazine-