Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: No more Novell AppArmor?

From: "Kristian Erik Hermansen" <kristian.hermansen () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:15:31 -0700

On 10/13/07, "Dave Aitel" <dave.aitel () gmail com> wrote:
http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9796140-39.html
"
Two years after acquiring the company that developed the AppArmor security
software for Linux, Novell has laid off team members behind the project,
CNET News.com has learned.
"

Personally, I never got it to work. But I understand SOME people really like
AppArmor...right? Does anyone really use it?

Luckily AppArmor is open and free to be developer by anyone who wants
to pick up the project.  Btw, AppArmor is installed and on by default
in the latest release of Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 appearing officially this
Thursday...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AppArmor
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen