Dailydave mailing list archives

SQL Injection - Strange Result

From: "H. Daniel Regalado Arias" <dan57170 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 13:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dave and Friends, i have a problem while making a PHP -MSQQL-2000 Web App Assessment, after many days and due to the
lack of experience i am able to bypass single quotes using char() or "[]" when trying to execute a store procedure, so,
by now, i am able to inject code directly to the DataBase without being filtered but after sending the next test:

http://www.client.com/mod.php?id=1;begin%20declare%20@q%20varchar(8000)select%20@q%20=%200x73656c65637420404076657273696f6e%20exec(@q)%20end;--

or another store procedure like:

http://www.client.com/mod.php?id=1;exec%20sp_makewebtask%20%5Bc:\inetpub\wwwroot\sssssssss\index_olld.html%5D,%20%5Bselect%20*%20from%20TABLE%5D;--

the application responses with something like:
SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Connection is busy with results
for another hstmt, SQL state S1000 in SQLExecDirect in C:\D\Inetpub\wwwroot\sssssssssss

I think its because of the first query (the one belongs to id=1 parameter, even though 1 results to 0 rows).
I have ridden a lot of sql injection .. Advanced, More, and so on, but all of them always execute a store procedure
after a semicolon but no one says something about this error.

I thought to put a delay before my store procedure or a command to free the data base connection handler.

What you think???

By the way, i am not able to run xp_cmdshell because of the database user permissions, may be i could try to elevate
privileges but always appears the error describe above.

Thanks in Advance.

H. Daniel Regalado Arias, CISSP
Chief Information Security Officer
Macula Security Consulting Group