Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: CISA

From: Rodney Thayer <rodney () tsc-labs net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 18:58:17 -0800

R D Smith wrote:
When I questioned him he said thats what CISA uses. I
find this a little odd because, if my reading of the dictionary is correct,
segregation has to do with dividing people based on race and ethnicity.
-isaac

Yes, that is the generally accepted definition of the word segregation.
However, ISACA's usage is consistent with the second part of the second
definition of segregation in Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary
<http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/segregation>, ³the separation for special
treatment or observation of individuals or items from a larger group.²  This
is a more general definition of the word without the negative connotations.

...which isn't in line with generally accepted computer security
terminology. But then again who said this had anything to do with
generally accepted computer security practices ;-)

One would like to think a test like that would be based on something
better, like some military term, or some information assurance term,
or something.  a decent lie would be sufficient ;-)

Oh well.  The less computer-literate your certificate computer security
staff sounds, the more likely you'll be able to take out their network...

(so it relates.  it's intelligence you'd collect on a recon run
against that target.)