Dailydave mailing list archives

Farewell & Castro

From: "Lance M. Havok" <lmh () info-pull com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:59:14 +0100

Now Castro is finally dead, and there's no reason for me to stay here
any longer.
Consider this a farewell, it seems the security and IT industry itself
is so plagued with parasites and misers that it doesn't qualify as a
fun hobby anymore.

There's still a question left unanswered: What is more sad, someone
who excels at information security as a hobby, or someone pretending
to build a career from it without the skillset and personal
qualifications it requires, being far less talented and qualified than
the hobbyist? Like Hemingway would say, 'you either have it, or you
don't have it at all'. Don't even try.

Oh... I heard some illegal aliens have said they have never seen me
coding an exploit or (...) shellcode! Hypocrisy or they simply need to
take their heads out of their filthy butts? Whatever, learn English
(or British?).

'And he sent you on a mission, saying, 'Go and completely destroy
those wicked people, the Amalekites; make war on them until you have
wiped them out.' Samuel 15:17-19

Like it couldn't happen elsewhere... I'll be releasing an old OpenBSD
local + remote exploit (this part might not be added if time is
scarce, I find computers quite unappealing nowadays ;-) ) with a
personal touch. Some people of our fan club know it as jizz.c, others
call it 'shadow-n-omen.c' (the jealous poser omen, not part of the
Bible yet). I like the former. Hopefully my always loved & lovely Dave
will let my very last words through and we can all have something to
talk shite! (not to be confused with shiites).

Signed: I, who can't code an exploit even though my split personality
would say otherwise.
Now AFK for the rest of his life. Talent, skill-set and humor to be
invested elsewhere, obviously.