Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Two thoughts for the day:

From: Pusscat <pusscat () metasploit com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:10:36 -0400

I've got to really agree strongly concerning point #1, for two main reasons:

1. We've been turning around the patch->exploit process before full
deployment for years now, sometimes before autoupdate even sees the
patches in the US.

2. The work presented ignores the most time consuming portion of the
exercise, being the attack vector discovery.  It only automates the
portion which takes a negligable amount of time when compared to the
rest of the work needed to produce a viable exploit.