Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: In defense of Mandatory Access Control, was Re: No more Novell AppArmor?

From: pageexec () freemail hu
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:48:36 +0200

On 26 Mar 2009 at 16:28, Travis wrote:

[SEalotry deleted]

I realize I've written quite a bit about this, but after seeing
security experts discussing minutia of reverse-engineering and address
space layout randomization and W^X and NX and stackguard and so on,
I'm a bit surprised about seeing so many people being snarky about
such a powerful security technology.  I guess I'll just have to chalk
it up to cynicism about any new protective technologies; it's cool to
be dismissive and aloof.  If you can find major areas it doesn't
cover, you can call it ineffective.

do 'exploitable kernel bugs' count?