Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Hello Microsofties!

From: Tucker Dummychuck <dummychuck () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 17:07:12 -0800

I've not done this myself, but I think a good starting point would be VSTO
(Visual Studio Tools for Office). See
http://blogs.msdn.com/chhopkin/archive/2008/08/29/vsto-3-0-and-visio-essentials.aspx

thx
Tucker.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Mohammad Hosein <mhtajik () gmail com> wrote:

as much as it may look embarrassing since this is a hacker forum , once i
did a fairly complex Office Add-in development using tools come from "Add-in
Express" and it saves me a lot of time , and well , money .
but basically what you need is to instantiate a dozen of Office's whacky COM
classes and call a bunch of methods . its unreasonably undocumented and hard
to debug . instead , this package gave me a couple of components and Wizards
helped me ignore the complexity and just go on with my business .

http://www.add-in-express.com