Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: virus attacking drone fleet

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:06:46 -0400

I assume a lot of folks have already seen this:

*
*Subject:* *Computer Virus Hits U.S. Drone Fleet*
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/10/virus-hits-drone-fleet/
*
After seeing this, from a few sources,  I'm reminded that there are a
couple of vendors who've been selling the Defense Department security
monitoring packages that are essentially rootkits that do, among other
things, key logging.

I kind of wonder if the virus that folks are fighting is something that
some other part of DoD deployed intentionally.

Miles Fidelman