Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: 666!

From: Joshua Wright <jwright () hasborg com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 09:59:08 -0500

So, I'm thinking, let's make an infosec product that's nothing but attack surface. Seriously: just one big, fat
parser. No, wait - even better: a veritable fscking *multitude* of parsers. A parser for every conceivable format,
container, or syntax that can possibly express malicious intent. And if something new comes along that can't be
parsed, well, we'll add whatever we need so it can parse that too.

Which means, let's just forget about building it all with just one well-tested technology platform. No, if we want to
parse ALL the things, we're going to need the most diverse ecosystem possible: ALL the languages. ALL the runtimes.
ALL the wonky-ass under-tested open-source libraries.

I think you have concisely described the FireEye product line.

-Josh