Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: [EXTERNAL] WAF Metrics

From: Rafal Los via Dailydave <dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 14:46:00 +0000

John,
Can you expand on #2? How do you measure the number of attacks stifled?

_--
Rafal
_Mobile: (404) 606-6056
_Email: Rafal.Los@Seventy7.Consulting<mailto:Rafal.Los@Seventy7.Consulting>

From: John Lampe via Dailydave <dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org>
Date: Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 9:52 PM
To: Dave Aitel <dave.aitel () gmail com>
Cc: "dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org" <dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org>
Subject: [Dailydave] Re: [EXTERNAL] WAF Metrics

So, I recently did an integration for a company that took their web app scanner results and mapped those to existing
WAF rules. I can think of 2 metrics based off that

1) How many real-world vulns have a corresponding check in the WAF? and
2) Once the WAF rules have been put in place to protect actually-vulnerable endpoints, how many attacks were actually
stifled?

John

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 12:51 PM Dave Aitel via Dailydave <dailydave () lists aitelfoundation org<mailto:dailydave ()