BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: [vanderaj () greebo net: SF new column announcement: Strict liability for data breaches?]

From: blitz <blitz () strikenet kicks-ass net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:45:25 -0500

The regs are written so as to maximize law-vulture profits after enactment.
EVERY rule enacted into law is done this way, being purposely vague, until they ascertain where the profit can be milked from. At that point, their income stream will be guaranteed by future amendments to the rules to insure un-interrupted litigation and profit stream.
Did you ever think there was any other way? :-D

I really think the regulations are written in a vacuum. Ever read the
techincal requirements for HIPAA? I doubt that they had any IT input.
I could think of a dozen ways that I would have reqorded each passage
so that it was more specific on the required functions while still
being flexible enough for future use. But that's just me.

--
believed to be clean.