BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Personal experiences? Was Re: VISA / 1ST BANK

From: DH1759 () aol com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:43:29 EDT

I have had fraudulent charges on one of my credit cards but the
circumstances surrounding the charges lead me to believe that there was a breach  of
information at a hospital my father was admitted to.

Several years ago my father became seriously ill.  I have his  power of
attorney and am a signer on his financial accounts,  Additionally,  we have the
same last name which is rather distinctive.  Over the next  several months there
were numerous small ($50- $150) charges on my credit card  billed under
miscellaneous medical sounding businesses which I had never heard  of nor
authorized. Nor had I used that card for any expenses relating to my  father.  My spider
senses tell me that somebody at the hospital  somehow obtained information
regarding his/my credit listing and placed these  charges believing they would
not be noticed under the circumstances, perhaps  believing I was his wife.  It
was just too coincidental.

I disputed them all and they were taken off my bill with no further
incidents.