BreachExchange mailing list archives

VA Breach - Stupidity Redux

From: James Childers <james () iqbio net>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 09:57:57 -0800

Has anyone noticed how the facts are trickling out from the VA on their
two data losses this month?  Also, why did they issue a press release at
9PM on the Friday before the SuperBowl?

Distractions?  Evade and try to mitigate the damage?

Last year they slowly trickled out information as well and the news was
frightening once it was all added together.

The testimony before Congressional committees were incredibly
enlightening.  This latest breach proves that they are not following
their own protocols.

Does anyone have any further information on the VA Breaches?

We are tracking on our blog and any help would be appreciated.  Any
comments on the posts would be appreciated as well.

James Childers

iQBio

http://databreaches.blogspot.com

http://iqbio.blogspot.com