BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: TJX breach shows that encryption can be foiled

From: "Sean Steele" <SSteele () infolocktech com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:31:36 -0400

James,

You pose some interesting questions re: what other regulations TJX is
likely non-compliant with -- as a public company, I'd guess their SOX
404 controls should be examined. GLBA may come into play, though they're
not a finsrv company.

Who is their PCI-DSS auditor and are the results of their most recent
audit either able to be requested or legally discoverable outside a
lawsuit?

The PCI Security Standards Council is a private, non-profit
organization, so FOIA can't be used to force disclosure from them,
correct?

FWIW, I was a victim of this breach. I had my debit card re-issued by my
bank this week. It's the first one of 2007 for me ;-(

--
Sean Steele, CISSP
infoLock Technologies