BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: A data security breach legislation question

From: Susan Orr <susan () susanorrconsulting com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:17:35 -0500

I was just looking at the various states the other day, and there are some differences - some exempt encrypted information, some exclude financial institutions and others that are covered under other existing federal and state laws like GLBA. One state I believe exempts "state agencies" Oklahoma I think. Didn't know it was up to 40, last I saw was 38. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Rebecca Herold wrote:
Counting the District of Columbia, as of the end of October it was 40; see http://www.privacyguidance.com/files/statebreachnotificationlaws10.19.07.pdf

Best regards,

Rebecca Herold