BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Best Western Response

From: Tom Mahoney <lists () merchant911 org>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:21:21 -0400

I don't see how they could respond to chargebacks if they did that.

Let's all stay at Best Westerns and then say we didn't.  I'm willing
to bet that they'd find those 'destroyed' records pretty quickly!

At 8:00 PM +0000 8/25/08,  *Hobbit* typed out:

But I would be hard pressed to believe that any hotel chain large
or small ever destroys their records of people's card numbers.
I would call bullshit on BW's "response" based on that alone.

_H*