BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: confirming victims of data breaches?

From: "Brad Putnam" <bputnam () digitalcomply com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:50:25 -0600

Hi Rob;

I have to tell you, this is one of the best questions I've seen in regard to
helping consumers.  To my knowledge, there are zero laws that compel a
company to come clean upon verbal request of a client.  Obviously, it would
be good for the individual consumer; however, it could also be used
nefariously.  Steal a DB, call and confirm the data is good.  Your point is
well taken and I need to think on it a bit...

I would love opinion on the subject, but I don't want to request anything
without the permission of Attrition folks to utilize their list...

Lastly, this is one of the best managed mail lists I've been a party to.
Thank you Lyger and Co!

Best regards,
BP

Brad Putnam
President and CEO
Digital Compliance, LLC
PO Box 792
Billings, MT. 59103
406-325-9737 Phone
406-325-9738 Fax
BPutnam () digitalcomply com

This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO MAY
BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the use of the intended
recipients identified above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use,
dissemination, distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please immediately notify us by reply email, delete the communication and
destroy all copies.