BreachExchange mailing list archives

Monoprice.com Shuttered After Fraud Complaints

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 01:19:31 +0000 (UTC)

http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/03/monoprice-com-shuttered-after-fraud-complaints/

Monoprice.com Shuttered After Fraud Complaints

Audio visual cabling giant monoprice.com shut down its Web site . possibly
for the next couple of weeks . while it investigates the possible
compromise of its customer credit and debit card information.

Vincent Lim, monoprice.com.s operations manager, said the company took the
site offline around midnight on Friday, Mar. 5, after it received e-mails
and phone calls from several customers complaining about fraudulent
charges on their cards that they had used on monoprice.com.

.A few of our customers recently reported to us that information from
credit cards they used on the Monoprice website had been misused,. Lim
said. .We promptly began an investigation with the help of expert computer
forensic investigators to determine if any card data had been stolen from
our computers..

[..]