BreachExchange mailing list archives

Open Security Foundation Advisory Board - Call for Nominations

From: lyger <lyger () attrition org>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:43:26 +0000 (UTC)

http://datalossdb.org/incident_highlights/45-open-security-foundation-advisory-board-call-for-nominations

The Open Security Foundation (OSF) is an internationally recognized
501(c)(3) non-profit public organization seeking senior leaders capable of
providing broad-based perspective on information security, business
management and fundraising to volunteer for an Advisory Board. The
Advisory Board will provide insight and guidance when developing future
plans, an open forum for reviewing community feedback and a broader view
when prioritizing potential new services.

OSF was founded in 2004 and has been operated by information security
enthusiasts since its inception. We exist to empower all types of
organizations by providing knowledge and resources so that they may
properly protect, detect and mitigate information security risks. We
believe that security information and services should be easily accessible
for all who have the need for such information. We promote open
collaboration between companies and individuals, provide unbiased
information to uphold educated decision-making, and attempt to eliminate
the need for redundant works while striving to improve organizations'
overall security posture.

Prospective Advisory Board members should show an ability and willingness
to:

-Participate actively in all meetings of the Advisory Board (2 times per
year and as otherwise needed)
-Represent OSF and its mission to organizations and the general public
-Review and provide feedback for proposed OSF plans
-Chair and serve as members of committees
-Assist in locating and developing funding sources for OSF

If you are interested in volunteering please email us at
officers () opensecurityfoundation org and provide the following information:

Name:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
Area of Expertise:

If you know someone with senior leader experience who you believe could
act in an advisory position please contact us at
officers () opensecurityfoundation org.

The call for Advisory Board volunteers will be open until March 19, 2010.
We will review all submissions by March 31, 2010.

[...]