BreachExchange mailing list archives

Fwd: Important information from M&S (Epsilon)

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 13:31:47 -0500 (CDT)

From: Marks & Spencer <marksandspencer () shop marksandspencer com>
Date: 5 April 2011 18:34:01 GMT+01:00
To: [redacted]
Subject: Important information from M&S

        We have been informed by Epsilon, a company we use to send emails
to our customers, that some M&S customer email addresses have been
accessed without authorisation.

        We would like to reassure you that the only information that may
have been accessed is your name and email address. No other personal
information, such as your account details, has been accessed or is at
risk.

        We wanted to bring this to your attention as it is possible that
you may receive spam email messages as a result. We apologise for any
inconvenience this may cause you. We take your privacy very seriously, and
we will continue to work diligently to protect your personal information.

Marks and Spencer plc. Registered office: Waterside House, 35 North
Wharf Road, London W2 1NW.
Registered number: 214436 (England and Wales)