BreachExchange mailing list archives

FW: An Important Message Regarding Your The Place Card, Issued By Citibank (South Dakota), N.A (Epsilon)

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:35:38 -0500 (CDT)

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: The Place Card <placecards () info accountonline com>
Sent: Tue, April 5, 2011 10:09:27 AM
Subject: An Important Message Regarding Your The Place Card, Issued By
Citibank (South Dakota), N.A

<https://images.  .com/creative/2008/citi/jun/pg_ao/ChildrensPlace_logo.gif>

Email Security Zone: [Name]

For your account ending in XXXX

Member Since: 2009

Add placecards () info accountonline com to your address book to ensure
delivery.

<http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/may/highbalance/images/spacer.gif>

Your Account: Important Notification

<http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/may/highbalance/images/spacer.gif>

  <http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/nov/images/top_curve.gif>

  <http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/nov/images/sideleft-2.jpg>

<http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/may/highbalance/images/spacer.gif>

Dear [Name],

Recently, Citi was notified of a system breach at Epsilon, a third-party
vendor that provides marketing services to a number of companies,
including Citi. The information obtained was limited to the customer name
and email address of some credit card customers. No account information or
other information was compromised and therefore there is no reason to
re-issue a new card.

Because e-mail addresses can be used for "phishing" attacks, we want to
remind our customers of the following:

* Citi Cards uses an Email Security Zone in all of our email to help you
recognize that the email was sent by us. Customers should check the Email
Security Zone to verify that the email you received is from Citi and
reduce the risk of personal information being "phished." To help you
recognize that the email was sent by Citi we will always include the
following in the Email Security Zone in the top headline portion of all
our emails: * Your first name and last name * Last four digits of your
Citi card account number * And recently to increase security, we have
added your "member since" date located on the front of your card, where
available.

<http://emailimages. .com/images/security_last_member4.bmp>

*       More information about phishing is available here: learn more
<URL with Tracking Mechanism>

Important steps that you can take to protect your security online:

*       Don't provide your Online User ID or password in an e-mail.
*       Don't reply to e-mails that require you to enter personal
information directly into an e-mail or URL.
*       Don't reply to or follow links in e-mails threatening to close
your account if you do not take the immediate action of providing any
personal information. We may send you an email regarding your account
requesting you contact us via phone.
*       It is not recommended to use your e-mail address as a login ID
or password.

If you suspect that you've received a fraudulent e-mail message, please
forward it to us. Forward suspicious e-mails to: spoof () citicorp com

If you have any questions or concerns about emails that you may receive
that look suspicious, we encourage you to contact Citi Customer Service at
the phone number on the back of your card.

<URL with Tracking Mechanism>

<http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/may/highbalance/images/spacer.gif>

<http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/nov/images/graphic_bottom_right.jpg>

  <http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/nov/images/graphic_arc.jpg>

<http://images. .com/creative/2009/citi/may/highbalance/images/bottom_bar.gif>

________________________________

Privacy

<URL with Tracking Mechanism>

<URL with Tracking Mechanism>

Email Preferences
Your credit card is issued by Citibank (South Dakota), N.A.  If you'd
like to refine the types of email messages you receive, or if you'd
prefer to stop receiving email from us, please go to:
<URL with Tracking Mechanism>

Help / Contact Us
If you have questions about your account, please use our secure message
center by signing on at www.placecard.accountonline.com and choosing
"Contact Us" from the "Help / Contact Us" menu. You can also call the
customer service phone number on the back of your card.

(c)2011 Citibank (South Dakota), N.A, All rights reserved. Citi,
Citibank, and Citi with Arc Design are registered service marks of
Citigroup Inc.

Cardmember Services
P.O. Box 653054
Dallas, TX 75265-3054