BreachExchange mailing list archives

Another Epislon client - AbeBooks

From: security curmudgeon <jericho () attrition org>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 18:52:11 -0500 (CDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 18:17:33 EDT
From: "[iso-8859-1] AbeBooks" <news () newsletter abebooks com>

We have been informed by Epsilon, a third-party vendor we use to send
e-mails, that an unauthorized person outside their company accessed files
that included e-mail addresses of some AbeBooks customers. Epsilon has
advised us that the files that were accessed did not include any customer
information other than email addresses.

As a reminder, AbeBooks will never ask customers for personal or account
information in an e-mail. Please exercise caution if you get any emails
that ask for personal information or direct you to a site where you are
asked to provide personal information.