Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Research Expectations

From: "Piazza, John" <jpiazza () ITS UAB EDU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:40:00 -0500

It depends on the type of research it appears, Marty. Also , NSF,DOD, NIH,
and FDA among others are requiring security protocols more and more
frequently. I am also hearing that all are looking to create congruence with
the hipaa standard once it is finalized - soon. If you research thta you
iwll find it is the most comprehensive and scalable law ever intorduced in
healthcare, privacy, or security. It is very good stuff and a model higher
ed/educause will be well  advised to consider adopting - in short order.
John