Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

IMPORTANT: DISCUSSION FORUM For National Strategy

From: Rodney Petersen <rpetersen () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:14:32 -0400

I am writing to provide an update and to amend the instructions provided
last week as to how we are going to collect feedback regarding the items
contained in the "National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace".  Thanks to
the quick work of EDUCAUSE staff, we have created a Discussion Forum -
separate from this listserv list - for individuals to post comments and
discuss the recommendations and items identified for further discussion
in the National Strategy.  Please visit
http://www.educause.edu/security/national-strategy/discussion.asp to
review all of the discussion topics, read the discussion threads under
each question, and post your own comments.  The Discussion Forum will
permit broader participation and input from the higher education
community.

The Discussion Forum will remain open until November 18, 2002.  EDUCAUSE
will submit to the President's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board
all of the comments received, and the Security Task Force will use the
discussion along with other information as the basis for its formal
response.  I will post the comments received to date in response to the
first question posted last week to the Discussion Forum.  Of course, we
will continue to use the Security Discussion Group for its original
purposes, but we encourage you to make comments in response to the DRAFT
National Strategy in the Discussion Forum
(http://www.educause.edu/security/national-strategy/discussion.asp)
established for this purpose.

Thanks,

Rodney Petersen