Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Automated Patching and Updates?

From: "Bradford B. Saul" <saulbb () JMU EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:15:46 -0400

Just a side note on the SUS Server.  How are schools that are using the SUS
server handling Service Packs?  From what I understand SUS does not support
the distribution of Service Packs, and if the user has altered their
registry to point to SUS.college.edu they will not be notified of Service
Pack availability.

Brad
-----------------------------------
Bradford B. Saul